Falling film evaporators are designed to separate alcohol and oil. Our line of falling film evaporators feature:
- Stainless steel and copper construction for easy cleaning / sanitizing.
- Large sight-glasses for excellent viewing of alcohol and oil recovery as it is happening.
- Pneumatically driven pumps and controls; no risk of spark-based fire or explosion.
- Automatic dumping of alcohol and oil; when a collection chamber fills it is automatically pumped to your storage container.
- Compatible with all alcohols: ethanol, denatured ethanol, isopropyl, and methanol.
- Small footprint; the ERU-200 liters-per-hour (LPH) unit shown is 34 inches x 34 inches x 9′ 8″ tall.
3 models of falling film evaporators are available:
ERU-100: up to 100 liters (26 gallons) per hour combined alcohol and oil separation / recovery.
ERU-200: up to 200 liters (52 gallons) per hour combined alcohol and oil separation / recovery.
ERU-420: up to 420 liters (110 gallons) per hour combined alcohol and oil separation / recovery.
– – – – – –
We’re often asked, what is required in addition to the ERU falling film evaporator? Here’s what is needed to power the ERU:
Water heater capable of supplying 230-250 F max hot water
Water chiller capable of supplying 30-45 F cold water
Vacuum pump capable of supplying 27 inches of Hg vacuum
Air compressor to drive pneumatic pumps and controls
We can provide our recommended brands and models depending on the model of ERU you select, or you can select your preferred units provided they meet the needed specifications.
Please contact us to discuss current and future your needs.